We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info Required

Which Thanjavur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chennai
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Info Required

Hello,

We are planing a trip to south india, I need a small clarification.

We are reaching Tirchy by Aug 4th in the Evening time, From there we are going to Rameswaram on Aug 6th, I would like to visit Srirangam, Thanjavur, Tirchy(local) in between these days.

How long it will take to reach Thanjavur, Srirangam from Tirchy??

Whats the mode of transport??

I would like to visit the brahadeeswara temple either in the early morning or evening for the sunset time, so what's the best way to plan from Tirchy??

Also can some help me in covering the Tirchy local sight seeing best places to Visit as well as for shopping items in these places.

Regards,

Naresh

Mumbai
Level Contributor
361 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info Required

Trichy to Thajavur is roughly 2 hours rive. You can cover Srirangam and Trichy Local in 2 days comfortably. Big Temple at Thanjavur can be covered in till late morning.Best is you hire a cab, as it will give you the flexibility to move around.. In trichy Local you can cover Woraiyur, Samayapuram, Rock Fort Temple, Thiruvanaikaval, Srirangam..

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info Required

The best mode of transport would be a cab. You may plan as follows,

04th Aug - Depending on where you stay, visit Rockfort Temple and some window shopping in the Malaivasal area.

05th Aug - Samayapuram, Thriuvanaikoil, Srirangam and Lunch. Some rest and then Vekkaliamman Temple and then proceed to Vayalur.

06th Aug - Thanjavur visit.

Regards

Prasanna

3. Re: Info Required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 03:15