We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don khong to udon ratchathani

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Don khong to udon ratchathani

Hello,

We are currently in the south of Laos and have tickets on the night train from udon r in a few days.

We will be staying on Don khong, and are trying to find out the best way of getting to the train. Has anyone got the international bus from Pakse before? Does the half three bus get you there in time for the train? Is there a simple way of getting to udon r from don khong? A

transfer by taxi is v expensive.

So far we are thinking local bus to pakse then change to international bus.

Thank you

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don khong to udon ratchathani

As you say, you will have to get to Pakse using local bus or minibus, and take the international border bus to Ubon from there. There is no direct service from 4000 islands to Ubon.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,449 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don khong to udon ratchathani

I am doing the same journey ( though taking a plane rather the train) and my understadning it will be tight getting from the 4000 islands to Ubon the same day, to get the train in the evening. I read somewhere that the international bus leaves at 9.30 and 3pm. I think the 3pm bus might be too late for the train.

Personally I plan to head to Pakse the day before to avoid any hassle, and head to Ubon the following day to ensure I am not missing my plane.

3. Re: Don khong to udon ratchathani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Champasak Province