We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March in Nepal

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
March in Nepal

I am from Riga, Latvia! I am going to Nepal in the 11th March and 26th March back. I think to visit the Anapurna's region. Is it a good choice? Maybe you can suggest something better? I am afraid that March is too cold month for treking. I'd like to see the famous rhododendron forests. Is mid-March rhododendrons in bloom? I have read that in March, the mountains are in the mist. How big a problem is fog and mist?

Thank you!

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: March in Nepal

Hi there, March is second best month for trekking in Nepal Himalaya as you are looking for. It is not too cold. good choice. you acn go Annapuran region call Ghorepani Poon Hill treks or Langtang Valley trekking for to see the famous rhododendrons forest.. there is fod and mist but normaly clear in the morning and some time stay little fog and nmist for a week from late afternoon and next morning will be always clear. if you are in lucky week , no fog and mist. if you need more info PM me. Thank you. Good day to you.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: March in Nepal

Gorepani poon hill trek is one of the best place to see rhododendrom flower. Its netional flower of Nepal. Its not that much cold in March. Yes it will be bloomed in March so you will enjoy it.

Have a nice trek.

Good luck

Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March in Nepal

Annapurna definitely won't be a bad choice to trek in March. I am sure that you will have great weather and time in Nepal during March. March is not that cold, it is less colder than October - November so you will be OK weather wise.

I do not agree that Langtang is better choice for watching blooming rhododendron flowers but Annapurna is the best choice; particularly Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek including Tadapani. Forests around there are full of rhododendrons and I think you will see lovely rhododendron forests.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,925 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March in Nepal

I was there this March/April and it was wonderful. Warm trekking days, hillsides pink & white with Rhododendrons, walking through forests of them, with daphne upderfoot.

Cold nights & early mornings, but soon warmed up to short tee shirts weather. In 3 weeks, we only had 1 day of rain and a couple of passing showers.

Enjoyed it so much, I'm heading back next year.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: March in Nepal

Trekking For Annapurna in march is good and Rhododendron also nice there .when i was in Kanchenjunga trek from Basantapur to Taplejung through Milke danda it was one of the great Rhododendron. if you like to see the best flower you can visit there and you can taste the Rhododendron Wine there.

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March in Nepal

I did a short Annapurna trek at the end of March this year and the rhododendrons, magnolia and daphne were spectacular and it is not too cold. During the day is pleasant but with some rain and some mornings were foggy but there was also mornings with great views. I think it is a great time to trek, but so do lots of other people!

7. Re: March in Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Annapurna Region
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question