We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best month to trek?

western australia
Level Contributor
668 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
Best month to trek?

Hi All

Thinking about 2013, what would be the best month to do this region, I would like to avoid the busiest times. Most likely will do Langtang trek as well on the same trip.

Any advice?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,688 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best month to trek?

Langtang Region is not so a frequented route. I suggest you to go there in April/May, because it's blossoms season. Anyway I don't think you'll find many people also in October/November

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best month to trek?

I have trekked Langtang twice, once in February and once in March – March was far better – Very few people on the trail, Excellent clear weather, warm sunny days but cold nights so go prepared with a good sleeping bag and plenty of layers.

For an idea of what you can expect take a look at my little Langtang Video clips here

members.virtualtourist.com/m/vb/6ec/50192/

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking

Rob

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best month to trek?

I would say Mach - April and October - November. The choice is yours!

western australia
Level Contributor
668 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best month to trek?

Thanks all, I wasn't clear initially- I want to trek Mustang and Langtang in the same trip. Of the suggested months would Mustang also be good then? Is there much of a climate difference in these 2 regions?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,688 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best month to trek?

I ve been in mustang this April/May and the climate was good. Mustang is a desertic region so has a particular micro clima. Few rain, that allows to do trekking also in the summer season. In march it's a little early to go there. It's cold. In october you will find sone trekkers more and the climate is good. In my opinion the best month to go in mustang is april ;-)

You can also read the articles about this region here in TA. In May usually there's the most important religious festival Tiji, so there will be many pilgrims there.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best month to trek?

Langtang last October was wet ! Normally it shouldn't be. There were relatively few trekkers around though. As Rongpuk says, Mustang is a rain-shadow area

7. Re: Best month to trek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Mustang Region