We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

Prague, Hlavni...
2 posts
Save Topic
upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

We are planning Upper Mustang trek for this summer - can anybody share experience with local TA and give some recommendation? (Possibly on PM) Thank you!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

I also replied you on another thread, you can take a look there. Always be careful while selecting an agency as it can also ruin your experience. Do not always follow the cheapest one, follow the recommendations of regular members in the forum.

Good Luck!

Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

I agree with rongpuk's point regarding putting your email in the open space. Be aware before selecting your agent. I also replied to your another thread.

Good Luck!

Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

Hi All

Could you recommend a guide or TA for mustang. Thanks!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

Hello, I need your expert advice! I am getting conflicting information about trekking in the Mustang region in June. I hear it is in the rain shadow so it is a good summer season trek. But I also hear the flight from Jomsom to Pokhara is cancelled about half the time. Your advice? What month(s) would you choose? Thanks so much!-

Level Contributor
5,229 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

Both of what you say are true – June is a wonderful time to trek Upper Mustang as it is in The Himalayan Rain Shadow but Jomsom flights can be problematic + The road can wash out – Best Advice I can offer is to do the trek but leave yourself plenty of buffer days at the beginning and end to take into account probable delays

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
12,275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

The Jomsom-Pokhara flight is affected by winds which get stronger as the day passes. Because of this flights are scheduled early in the morning. I have been stuck in Jomsom twice; in March for a day and November for three days.

AFIK, the wind affects flights throughout the year and it's feasible that cloud cover in the monsoon can add to the problems so, as Rob says, have a few buffer days.

17. Re: upper mustang trekking - TA recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mustang Region
Recent Conversations
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question