We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

Hi myself and my girlfriend are due to arrive in Kathmandu in early October 2012 to do the EBC trek. We are looking for recommendations for trekking companies? We have been in contact with Advanced Adventures and I don't see any reason not to go with them but just wanted to get some feedback from people as its such a big expense. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Darren and Lorraine

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

They seem, from their website, to tick the relevant boxes (TAAN Members etc), and the price looks reasonable.

My only slight query is that the itinerary for the days at and around Base Camp seems a bit rushed -

Day 10: Dingboche – Duglha, 4610m: 4-5 hrs - personally I found that the pleasant trek to Dughla doesn't take more than 3 hours, and when last I was there there was only one lodge. I prefer to go on to Lobuche

Day 11: Duglha – Lobuche, 4960m: 2-4 hrs. Personal preference would be for Lobuche to Gorak Shep on this day, still only a short day

Day 12: Lubuche - Gorak Shep, 5110m - Everest Base Camp, 5364m - Gorak Shep: 6 to 7 hrs. Starting this day from Gorak Shep would give you more time to enjoy it !

Edited: 04 July 2012, 13:21
France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

They are listed on TAAN Members directory so it's a good start. Here is the link to their TAAN Members Page: taan.org.np/member/advance-adventure-p-ltd

So, if you are fine with the itineraries and prices why not to join with them?

All the best!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

I can give you the name of the company I trekked with, I was very happy with their services. Feel free to PM me. I went in April of this year.

4. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2012, 19:35
Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

You are very welcome to PM me, if you want a recommendation of the agency we always use in Nepal. We have never been dissapointed with the service provided.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

You are also welcome to PM me, I you want to compare companies. I was also very happy with the people I selected.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

Hey just google it. read reviews online. Get article about the company. This is the best way. This is how i picked up the great company at my first time. Good luck.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

Hi there,

Please open the google page and try to search "Trekking tour agency Kathmandu" hope you will find more options to select your agency.

Enjoy your holiday in Nepal

Kathmandu, Nepal
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

i personally refer world heritage treks agency for your requirement you paid money them when you meet your guide in kathmandu they provide you sherpa guide who have climbing experience they register in govt .

10. Re: Everest Base Camp Trekking Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 12:01
Get answers to your questions about Sagarmatha National...
More Sagarmatha National Park Topics