We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

Which Vigan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,414 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

I have a relative that is getting married in Vigan. I must say that the place looks like a great historic place for a wedding. Calesas cobblestone roads and aged and historic spanish buildings.

Accomodation options are limited but from my searching of TA the best option appears to be the Vigan Plaza Hotel . Id like to have perhaps anyone else's options and opinions on accomodation in Vigan and perhaps the best place you would recommend for a wedding and why?

This forum doesnt generate a lot of questions or have a lot of information available and from the pics Ive seen it looks a great place to visit!

It would also be a great opportunity for me to visit Pagapud which is not too far away from the Loag airport where one arrives and Saud Beach looks a great option.

Tommo

Edited: 14 February 2012, 08:52
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,725 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

Are the happy couple Catholic and if so is a Church wedding under consideration?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,414 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

One party is Catholic the other is a Christian! I believe it will be a church wedding but arrangements are only in the very early stages.I do notice some very beautiful heritage listed old churches in Vigan.

…wordpress.com/2010/…

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,725 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

Your happy couple will need to obtain approval from the local Bishop if I recall.

There is a fair bit of paperwork before a Filipino wedding on both the civil and religious sides.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,414 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

VL thanks for the advice. Ill let them know.

As the Vigan Forum is not a forum that generates many questions(surprisingly??? as a world heritage site) I am not expecting many replies.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,757 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

I once saw a wedding reception along the heritage street called Calle Crisologo. I assume it was a stunning backdrop for the bridal photos --> brideandbreakfast.ph/2010/…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,414 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

Wow that is something special Keg.

Tommo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

Hi Tommo,

Here is the list of hotels in Vigan - …blogspot.com/2012/05/05-hotels-in-vigan.html

If you are a big group and remind them you are here for a wedding, there should be many discounts in store.

As it is "mandatory" in all weddings to have a wedding photographer in tow, you can expect some very good photos to remember this occasion.

(if this is you first Phils wedding, it is similar to how weddings are done in USA, China and Korea - with beautiful bridal dresses, fantasy decor, and with a lot more food and frolic thrown in, and a lot many more photographs)

Hope you have / had a good time - do show us some of the photos / point us the way to their link.

8. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 June 2012, 14:35
9. Re: Accomodation and Wedding Venue Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Vigan