We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

IL/WI BORDER
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

I'm traveling to Munising the first weekend of October with a group and feel that I have a handle on the sightseeing part of our trip. A few of the members in my group are big shoppers (we usually go to Door County in WI for our fall trip). I'm trying to pinpoint a few shops in the area that are the best. We like most things (gifts, artistry, souvenirs). Also, if anyone knows the best breakfast places, that would be great! We'll only be there three nights, so I have to pack everything in quickly!!

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Bodies of Water
Miners Castle Rock
Geologic Formations
Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

I will give this a shot....first of all shopping will likely be limited to some smaller gift shops. There are several but I cant really recommend anything cause these are really a matter of taste. You should be able to hit pretty much every shop in less than day's time.

For breakfast I would likely choose Sydneys. You may want to check the Dogpatch, too but I would choose Sydney's first.

If you are looking for dinner, head east on M-28 out of town to Christmas (only a few miles) and check out Foggy's bar. Or head a little further east and try the Brownstone Inn. Google the restauarants I have mentioned and you will find more info.

If you are interested in more serious shopping & dining you may want to give Marquette a try. Further east on M-28 about 45 miles or so from Munising.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

BTW: You won't really find anything like Door County shopping in the Munising area.

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

I believe 24fan met to say West instead of East. Christmas, Brownstone Inn, Marquette are West of Munising.

IL/WI BORDER
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

Thanks for the info! My husband is familiar with the area from snowmobiling (the boys don't do much shopping, though). We're taking a break from Door County, looking forward to getting into nature up there- shopping will take a backseat this year!! Have you ever heard of or eaten at "Camel riders"? I keep seeing things about that restaurant, and I was wondering if it is any good for dinner? I know where it is. Thanks!

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

I talked to the people that own the Camel Riders a few weeks ago and they said to call and make reservations before you go out there.

I would say they are doing well. Not many places around here recommend that you call ahead.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

Oops...YB is right...I meant west...west on M-28. Doh!

7. Re: Shopping/Breakfast Near Munising, MI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Munising