We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Tour

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Boat Tour

We will only be in Munising for 1 day on our Circle Tour this summer. My family of 4 includes a 12 year old girl and a 10 year old boy . Trying to decide if we should do the regular pictured rocks tour, or the glass bottom ship wreck tour. My son says the shipwreck tour, but he doesn't really know. Do you see enough of the pictured rocks even on the shipwreck tour?

Thanks for the advice

Mentioned in this post
Munising
Munising
Upper Peninsula, MI
Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,805 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Tour

you see a lot on the pictured rocks tour. i've never done the shipwreck tour, but a coworker did and he liked it. ..... so, it's up to your family---would you rather see shipwrecks, or see scenery? either way, be mindful of the weather, especially if you're prone to sea sickness....

it's prolly not my place to say this, but the pictured rocks area really deserves more than 1 day, trust me. if you can possibly eke out 1 more day for the area, i strongly recommend it.... either way, if you're going east after pictured rocks, DEFINITELY follow highway H-58 east along the lake superior coast. there are numerous beautiful sights along this route. if you're circling around lake michigan, drop south towards mack island after you've seen tahq falls. if you're planning on hugging the lake michigan coast down to mack island, re-think your plans.... while it's more beautiful than anything we got down here, the lake superior coast blows it away.......

Edited: 08 May 2013, 17:46
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Tour

I'd would go for the Pictured Rocks boat tour. The kids will like it, don't worry. Or they will like the gift shop, LOL! My kids always enjoyed the boat ride, no matter their ages.

Mentioned in this post
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites
Pictured Rocks Inn...
94 Reviews
Munising, MI
ontario canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Tour

if you are in the area and have enough time you can see shipwrecks on the shore at hurricane river park and campground. the beach is beautiful and right there there is one shipwreck in the water and on the beach. if you had enough time and hiked the 2-3 miles up the shore to the lighthouse you would pass by several others along the beach. but even just to see one up close and there is an article about it right there at the park on their visitor information board. i have only done the pictured rocks tour and it was beautiful. if it is too windy they do not do the shipwreck tours so that might make up your mind for you! they might also enjoy miners beach - there is a cool rock formation there you can go out on. (check out the video by kidd rock - born free - it was filmed right there and on miners beach.)

Williamston...
Level Contributor
911 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Tour

I've only done the Pictured Rocks tour, so I can't say how the shipwreck tour compares to it. I just know the scenery on the Pictured Rocks tour is incomparable and shouldn't be missed. The shipwreck tour sounds interesting, but in the end, it's just an old ship underwater. I say go for the Pictured Rocks tour. If your journey takes you near Whitefish Point, you can visit the Shipwreck Museum there.

Mentioned in this post
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites
Pictured Rocks Inn...
94 Reviews
Munising, MI
5. Re: Boat Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Munising