We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall guide

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfall guide

I have seen a few older posts that people got a waterfall guide from the MI Welcome Center. What welcome center would that be and do they still have them? If not does anyone know where to get one. We are staying 3 nights in Munising then 3 nights in Silver City/Ontonagon . We are leaving about 3 1/2 weeks from now and not sure if I ordered anything through the mail it would get here before we leave.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
868 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfall guide

I don't know anything about the waterfall guide. If nobody else turns up any info about it, you could try http://gowaterfalling.com/

North Muskegon...
Level Contributor
876 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfall guide

If you have a gps, you can get a poi file here:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/20037

Cedarville, Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfall guide

I use "Michigan Waterfalls: A Guide to 199". It covers all the waterfalls in the UP with directions to each one. 198 of the 199 are in the UP. It is available on Amazon so you could get it in less than a week. It is also available in most bookstores in Michigan.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterfall guide

Thank you for your replies. The go waterfalling link is great and I saved it in my favorites, but for this trip I wanted a book or map with us. I don't have a GPS unless Siri counts on my I Phone ;-) I looked up Michigan Water Falls: A guide to 199 on Amazon and noticed it was published in 2009 so I called our local library and they have it. Thanks for the idea IrishYooper.

When I said I was worried I wouldn't get any info on time I was referring to the Chamber of Commerce for Munising. Usually when I order info from any Chamber of Commerce online it takes forever to receive. I called the one in Munising and they have a guide to the waterfalls in that area and is sending it out today so I should have before we leave.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
53 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterfall guide

We were just there this weekend and didn't preplan with a map for the waterfalls. Our hotel had a great map, and I'm sure all area hotels have them. There is also a visitor center right next to the Glens grocery store and across from the Days Inn that you could also visit for one. Have a great time. The area is truly beautiful!

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
53 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterfall guide

One other note, there is also a small pamphlet describing each waterfall and what type of walk/hike it is to each from the parking area/road. It's very informative.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterfall guide

Thanks for the info lovin, It really is beautiful up there. I hope we have good weather, hiking and sightseeing isn't fun in the rain. Last fall we spent 3 days in Paradise and the weather was perfect.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterfall guide

Wow that was fast! I ordered information from the Munising Chamber of Commerce in the afternoon on June 19th and it was in my mailbox by 9:00 this morning. They sent a lot of information on the area that included a waterfall & lighthouse guide.

9. Re: Waterfall guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Munising