We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotels in Leon?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
81 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotels in Leon?

My husband and I will be in Leon for our anniversary. What are some of the high end hotels there?

Big Corn Island
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

Just inaugurated after years of restoration, and by-far the most luxurious hotel: La Perla Hotel, Leon, Nicaragua. Rates starting at $90http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i15529-La_Perla_Leon_Colonial_Charm.html

www.laperlaleon.com

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

Hotel El Convento is THE choice, end of story ... nothing else can possibly compare.

mexico
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

Ditto: El Convento

Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

A new hotel, Hotel Real, was quite nice but more reasonably priced. For $55/night our family of 4 had a nice room and a full breakfast of coffee, fruit bowl, eggs, etc. was included in the price. Also, there is a terrace on top of the hotel with a good view of many of the volcanoes and churches. Very informal, congenial owners and staff.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

Hotel El Convento and La Perla are the 2 top hotels in the city, my choice will be La Perla.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

We liked the Hotel San Christobal, just on the skirts of town. A great swimming pool, if that matters and really nice people..if memory holds, I think it was about $65/night...Have a nice trip to a great country.

nicaragua
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

Hotel El Convento or La Perla

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

La Perla Hotel is by far the best.

Just renovated spectacular 15 room colonial Spanish hotel. It feels as if you are not at the hotel but at your own grand house. Definitely more romantic. Also, the owner, an American businessman, deals directly with his guests accommodating all their needs, and the staff members truly make you feel as if you are a part of their big family.

El Convento is a new building that is a replica of the one that burned down. Very nicely done grounds, beautiful restaurant. Rooms (including the suite) are very basic and not as nice as those of La Perla. El Convento is also bigger, not as cozy as La Perla and the rates are higher than those that appear on Tripadvisor.com

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

Stay at La Perla and visit El Convento for dinner

10. Re: Best hotels in Leon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 12:33