We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding between 2 surf camps near Leon

Which Leon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Deciding between 2 surf camps near Leon

Two women (33 and 48) going to surf camp in November. Can't decide between Rise Up Surf and Surfing with Amigas. Help! thanks

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
903 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding between 2 surf camps near Leon

Greetings LiseNovaScotia:

There are a couple of differentiators, whether you favor one or another depends on your preferences of course. One is that Surfing with Amigas is women-only whereas Rise Up is for all comers.

The other possible consideration is that Rise Up is closer to Managua, so if you are flying in the journey to Salinas Grande would be less then two hours. SWA is up in Chinandega area around the Aposentillo beaches, which is at least three and a half hours out of Managua.

SWA has Holly Beck as the owner/operator/organizer and she is awesome. I'm sure the Rise Up guys are great, they certainly have excellent reviews on Tripadvisor.

I have not surfed Salinas Grandes but have tried the main beach that SWA uses and that is a fantastic wave for beginners.

Have fun and catch a wave for me!

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding between 2 surf camps near Leon

Have you ladies looked into http://www.loscardones.com/ ?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding between 2 surf camps near Leon

A teacher I met from California, in Granada (July 2013) had just come from a week at SWA. She loved it! Especially since she was a novice surfer and was able to improve rapidly her skills.

4. Re: Deciding between 2 surf camps near Leon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:17