We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to kayak while visiting

Level Contributor
33 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to kayak while visiting

Please recommend which is better place for experienced kayakers to go: Isla Juan Venado or Padre Ramos National Reserve. Not sure we have time to see both. Where will we see the most wildlife and get to do the most paddling--and which place had the better kayaks. Please recommend one.

Also please recommend which volcano near Leon that is the best to hike for a day hike. (We already plan to hike Concepcion and ash board Cerro Negro on our visit.) Thank you.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to kayak while visiting

Ive never kayaked at either of those, always gone elsewhere so far.

but for Volcanos, i would recommend doing a night hike to Telica to see the lava inside.

Cosiguina is also really nice, if its clear you can see across the bay to El Salvador, but a little farther and more isolated. Ive never tried it in a day trip.

Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to kayak while visiting

I have been to Isla Venado and Padre Ramos...have seen more wildlife ant Isla Venado but for Kayak i think Padre Ramos is better its a far bigger Reserve...Cosinguina ii a niche hike have done it this october...Telica must be niche but i have not done that so far..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to kayak while visiting

I can recommend Telica for the day trip - leave at 10:00AM and return by about 9:00PM. It's an interesting (sometimes challenging) hike, with great views, an awesome sunset and then a trip to see the lava in the crater. You can do it with Sonati or Quetzaltrekkers, who are not-for-profit tour companies.

4. Re: Best place to kayak while visiting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:16