We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabin/vaction rentals in grand haven/muskegon area

detroit mi area
2 posts
Save Topic
cabin/vaction rentals in grand haven/muskegon area

Looking to stay in area end of july 2010- please say no major events going on at that time

looking spend a day at mi adventures

problem- trying to find rental but it seems everyone wants a week stay

we going for 4d/3 n trip

any ideas

son is austic any more than that-would not be good trip

my other issue i would like to bring our dog- she is not therapy dog but very

attuned to my son

dog kennel for doggie day care(mi adventure day)

any ideas for easy sightseeing outdoors

bike trail- walking(not hiking)

or any general ideas

thanks for any information

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabin/vaction rentals in grand haven/muskegon area

Unfortunately I do not know of any rentals to recommend; however, I wanted to let you know there is a big event in Grand Haven at the end of July. The Coast Guard festival starts July 30th, so you may need to look for a place in the Muskegon area, if you are not interested in that. Not sure if the ones you checked that wanted a week were in GH or farther north... If they were in GH, the festival would definitely have an impact on the property owners wanting to rent for a week.

detroit mi area
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cabin/vaction rentals in grand haven/muskegon area

thank-you found one does daily but according to pics and people who stayed there

no shades on windows- but sheers in bedroom- maybe take just bring extra sheets

block sun and able to get dress without shocking local life

Alton
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabin/vaction rentals in grand haven/muskegon area

Reply to: cabin/vacation rentals in Grand Haven/ Muskegon area

Hi,

There is a lovely area just north of Muskeon and very close to Michigan adventures, it is the two towns of Montigue and Whitehall which sit on White

lake. there is a 25 mile bike trail, walking or riding. I came across one that has daily rates called cottages at Moxie Marina in Montigue that looks nice and sits on white Lake. Key in either White Lake Rentals or Montigue Mi. rentals and there are a few for each.

Another great activity just a few miles north of these towns is Mac's dune

Buggy rides. They take you for a 45 min. ride in great open vehicles and through the high dunes. This is a must when inthe area.

Good luck with your seach and have a great time.

Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabin/vaction rentals in grand haven/muskegon area

Good to get shopping now for a place to stay. Everything books for July and August. Check on muskegon.org and visitmuskegon.org for more ideas. You might consider a suite at the Shoreline Inn and Suites. They are under new managment and are offering great deals right now. They have kitchenettes. Many things to do in walking distance. Views are out fo this world!! Not sure if they take dogs.

Dog Star Ranch in the kennel near Mcihigan's Adventure.

5. Re: cabin/vaction rentals in grand haven/muskegon area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Muskegon