We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michigan's Adventure park

Which Muskegon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Michigan's Adventure park

We live in central New York and are planning a trip to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, at the end of June. We have time to go to one more park on this trip. We've already been to King's Island in Cincinatti, and are thinking of going to either Holiday World in Indiana or Michigan's Adventure. Has anyone been to both these parks? Are they worth going to? I've always wanted to ride on Shivering Timbers, so if anyone has been on it and can give a review, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

Im sorry, I have not been to either of those parks but may I suggest Hershey Park in PA. I am a true amusement park fan and have season passes to Cedar Point. Of all the parks I have visited, Cedar Point is number 1 but Hershey Park is number 2 on my list.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

I too have not been to either of the parks you mention. I have driven past Michigan Adventure many times while camping near there and hope we can visit there this summer. However, it doesn't strike me as somewhere you would want to drive that far for.

The previous reply mentioned Hershey Park in Hershey, PA. If you haven't been there that is an excellent park to visit! My second suggestion would be Geauga Lake in Aurora, OH.

Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

Yessssss....Geauga Lake, duh! How could I forget about this park? It is now owned by Cedar Fair who also own Cedar Point and a ton of other parks around the country. The good thing is that its only about an hour and a half from Cedar Point. Come to think of it, I believe Michigans Adventure is also owned by Cedar Fair. Can someone verify that for me?

rod
Marshall, Michigan
Level Contributor
209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

Yes, Michigan's Adventure has been owned by Cedar Fair since 2001.

Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

Literally millions of $$$ have been invested in Michigan's Adventure. Great for younger kids. Older kids like the waterpark best. Very park like setting. Many other things to do in area, like beaches and historic attractions. Awsome camping, if you like that. If you like different things, check out Double JJ Western Ranch, about 20 minutes noeth of Michignan's Adventure.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
89 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

Not sure if you are still looking for answers but I have been to Holiday World and know quite a bit about Michigan Adventure. Are you a coaster nut? We went to Holiday World specifically to ride the 3 wood coasters there but Shivering Timbers at MA is considered a better coaster by most enthusiatists. You must know that they are all built by Custom Coasters and are considered in the top ten of every wood coaster list. Shivering Timbers ususally ranks 1 or 2 behind the KI wood Beasts coasters.

At Holiday World there is free parking, free pop (coke, etc) and free suntan lotion. You get into the water park with your admission to the park. HW is small though. We rode everything in one day (opening to closing) and spent 2 hours midday at the waterpark. We stayed in Tell City which was a 20 min drive. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Oh and we ate at a great mexican restaurant near the hotel in Tell City. About HW, the employees were very nice. We went the last week of June and the Indiana schools were still in session so the park had a light crowd that day. My kids were 10 and 6 at the time and this park was great for them at that age. Cedarpoint is huge compared to HW. I would say it is about 1/2 the size of Kings Island. Holiday World is also very clean.

Michigan Adventure is owned by Cedarpoint but don't expect too many coasters.

One more comment. I live in Michigan and at the end of June the weather can be iffy but in southern Indiana it is well into summer.

Have fun!

Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

I you go to Cedar Point first, then when you get to Michigan's adventure you will be disapointed. it is not nearly as built up--don't get me wrong it is still a fun place but considering it is at least a 6 hour drive from CP to Muskegon, you would probably be better off spending another day at CP. there is no place like CP. especially if you are a coaster fan.

(i live about 30 miles south of MA, and we travel to CP)

Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Michigan's Adventure park

I you go to Cedar Point first, then when you get to Michigan's adventure you will be disapointed. it is not nearly as built up--don't get me wrong it is still a fun place but considering it is at least a 6 hour drive from CP to Muskegon, you would probably be better off spending another day at CP. there is no place like CP. especially if you are a coaster fan.

(i live about 30 miles south of MA, and we travel to CP)

Get answers to your questions about Muskegon