We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer lodging and dining in Muskegon

Which Muskegon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Summer lodging and dining in Muskegon

Any Muskegon denizens out there? We're visiting the city this summer to take in a few days of racing at Great Lakes Downs. Looking for CLEAN, pleasant lodging (not B & Bs) and good food experiences close to the track.

Seems like I've spent more time seeking info on this trip, and gotten little in return, than on any other travel we've ever done.

Would appreciate guidance from the locals.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer lodging and dining in Muskegon

Hi, I'm from Muskegon, and if you're looking for something close to Great Lakes Downs, try the Hampton Inn, it's nice and Just across the street!

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer lodging and dining in Muskegon

Thank you Minkey. That will work. I trust the Hampton Inn brand so it sounds like you've given me a match. Any comments on dining you'd care to pass on?

Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer lodging and dining in Muskegon

What Muskegon has is great restaurants and great beaches. All the good chains near the Hampton, but if you want great local restaurants look for the Sardine Room, Topos, The Station Grill just a couple miles away. Dockers is fun on the waterfront near one of the country's greatest beaches. Hearthstone is not far from where you are staying, very cozy with great menu.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer lodging and dining in Muskegon

Thank you, look, for the restaurant suggestions.

Get answers to your questions about Muskegon