We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

muskegon or holland?

chicago
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
muskegon or holland?

Planning a summer getaway for our family of 4. We stayed in Holland last summer and loved the downtown area, the restaurants and the beaches. How does Muskegon compare?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: muskegon or holland?

Try ..Grand Haven, MI www.visitgrandhaven.com which is just south of ..Muskegon, MI www.visitmuskegon.com

While Muskegon does offer fantastic beaches, parks, attractions, shopping and scenery, their downtown has a long way to go yet. While Grand Haven has a few less attractions but is a first class resort town.

By combining the two together you will not run out of fun things to do.

But just incase, forty minuuts north is www.thinkdunes.com the only great lakes living dunes, dune rides and lighthouse tours. Just 45 minutes east is www.experiencegr.com ..Grand Rapids, MI.

This tri city regoin (Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon) can keep your family going a long time.

Downtown Muskegon is spaced out so not as enjoyable though they do offer alot. The charm, by far, however, rest in Grand Haven.

Www.beachtowns.org and www.eyeonmichigan.com and www.wmta.org should also be of help.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
330 reviews
2. Re: muskegon or holland?

I would skip the muskegon idea.... Better to go nort, my friend......

chicago
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: muskegon or holland?

Vote #2 for grand haven

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
750 posts
200 reviews
4. Re: muskegon or holland?

I would use Grand Haven as your base, and you can always check out Muskegon for a day trip to see if you want a longer stay for a future vacation.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
5. Re: muskegon or holland?

Grand Haven definitely has more options of things to do than Muskegon, but you really couldn't go wrong with either town. If you are wanting to branch out a little I would check out Muskegon to try something new, but Grand Haven would have more options for food and activities.

6. Re: muskegon or holland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2017, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Muskegon
Recent Conversations