We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What amenities are in Meyrals, France?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
What amenities are in Meyrals, France?

We are thinking of booking a gite right outside Meyrals France, and we cant seem to find out what exists in that town. Are there food shops or cafes or do we have to drive to a bigger town for that?

2 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,892 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What amenities are in Meyrals, France?

I suggest you take a look at a map eg www.maps.google.fr

Meyrals is a tiny village pop..468 approximately in the middle of nowhere.

It does have its own little website which will probably help you

http://www.meyrals.com/

It has quite a few places advertised under 'activites' but several are not in the village itself. There's some contact details.

It's a fair bet that there are no food shops in the village. Many rural French villages lost their shops some years ago with the rise of the 'hypermarchés'.

Looks a nice place though. Not been there myself only to the general area and it is very pleasant, if a bit isolated.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What amenities are in Meyrals, France?

Hi VancouverKoula,

You ask what amenities are in Meyrals, in short not a lot, but if you are going to base yourself nearby your choice is exellent. I spent a week in 2008 at Pechboutier just 5mins drive from Meyrals and I will be back there in Sept this year, the Dordogne is my favuorite place in France.

Meyrels is a very small country village,definately not a town but the lovely town of St Cyprien is just 10min drive away,you can buy provisions there and I believe there is a hypermarch.The Sunday market at St Cyprien is a must to attend, I think it is one of the best in the region after Sarlat la Caneda which is held on Wed and Sat.In Meyrels there is a boulangerie and nearby is the bar/restaurant La Merenda that I will try on my next trip. I noticed on the Meyrels website that there is another bar/restauant Auberge de Meyrels.

The hotel/restaurant La Gravette in St Cyprien I can recommend as well as the Couleurs Cafe Restaurant at Campagne.

Most tourist sites and towns worth a visit are in the main only 30mins drive by car in any direction from Meyrels and the country location provides a peaceful retreat after busy day of sightseeing. A car is a must for this location.

Follow the good suggestion of Cubsur and have a look at the 'activities' page on the Meyrels website, if you have not already done so.

Don't hesitate to ask if you want any further info on the region,I might be able to help.

Bon voyage.

Pedrost

Reply to: What amenities are in Meyrals, France?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Meyrals