We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

Indian River...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

Is there a company that offers a dinner cruise or sunset cruise out of Petoskey area. I am looking at taking a group of about 25 people in mid-June.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

This is from a Michigan travel website:

Bay Pride

1549 Glendale • Petoskey, MI 49770

231-347-5550

Provides nautical history boat tours of Little Traverse Bay where you can get a glimpse of the Victorian historic villages of Bay View, Wequetonsing, Harbor Springs, and Harbor Point. Also offers private group charters and lunch/dinner cruises.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

I did some googleing and found an answer to my question. Here is the link in case anybody else is interested.

http://www.keweenawexcursions.com/index.html

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

Keweenaw excusions are actually in Charlevoix, Michigan not Petoskey. Perhaps a half hour drive south.

Edited: 02 February 2010, 19:24
Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

If that's what you're looking for, great...

If you're really looking to make it a special event however, I'd recommend Stafford's Pier and the "Pointer Boat". Check out the story and history behind the Pointer Boat here...

www.staffords.com/pointerboat

I know you can't do a full menu on the Pointer, but they'll definitely do appetizers and drinks. The Pier is on the Harbor Springs side of Little Traverse Bay, but you can cruise over to Petoskey if you wish. This would be a much more personalized setting...cocktails and appies for sunset on the boat followed by dinner overlooking the yacht basin in the Pointer Room or outside on Dudley's Deck.

Not trying to sway your decision one way or ther other, just looking to offer options! Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time...you just can't go wrong getting out on the lakes!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,263 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

Lisa, I know you've used the Pointer before. Last summer when we went out with Capt Jim on the Pointer, he knew every boat in the harbor. We went by a huge yacht that charters out of Petoskey. It's an old boat, I think he said from the 40s, but it's about 100 feet long and would surely accommodate your crowd.

Contact him, or Dudley, and have him put you in touch with Jim. Or ask my mom. she might remember the name of the boat. I'll look in my photo file and see if I can find a picture.

And let me know when you're hosting Tim and your crowd again. I haven't booked my dates for HS yet, but I'd love to be there for your event.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

Hi Red! Yes, we've had dinner and Dudley's and used the Pointer Boat the last three years so we were looking for something different this year. It is really hard to find anything and I came across Keweenaw Excursions. They used to be out of Houghton and have moved to Charlevoix for 2010.

I will go talk to your Mom and see if she knows the name of the Yacht out of Petoskey. Our event this year is June 18 & 19.

Thanks everybody for your posts. If anybody knows the name of the yacht out of Petoskey that Red is talking about.... well you know how to post!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,263 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

I just found a photo! It's the Pilgrim. Might not be 100 feet, but maybe 70, and I'm pretty sure it will hold and impress your crowd! HTH

picasaweb.google.com/RedRox87/Mich09…

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

Sweet pic Alex, now THAT'S cruisin' in style!! I've not seen that boat around before...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,263 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

Matt, did you notice photo number 11 in the file? Maybe we should take that boat out this summer...

Edited: 05 February 2010, 00:31
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner/Sunset Cruise?

If you get one of those boats, can we come for a ride? LOL

Great pics, Alex.

Get answers to your questions about Petoskey