We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something new to do in St. Ignace

Which Saint Ignace hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
Something new to do in St. Ignace

Voices in the Mist Walking Tour is a ninety minute tour that begins with teachings from a Sault Tribe elder of Music from the Grand Mother Moon Drummers. The visitors can then walk along the scenic boardwalk of St Ignace with Wood Smoke Jim and River Lark Mary for the tour know as Voices in the Mist.

Their web site has real problems, but this looks interesting. All tours are free of charge, but donations are appreciated! For this tour they recommend $5 for individuals and $15 for families.

www.twilightwalkingtour.com/?page_id=420

15 replies to this topic
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

That would be very interesting, LHL2! Thanks for the information!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

Uh oh... I may have to add a day to the beginning of our UP trip, I already added 3 days to the end of it lol. We were thinking about leaving a day earlier for Munising so we can have a longer day there. St. Ignace would be a perfect place. Thanks for the tip :-)

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

If you do this, please come back and tell us what you thought of it!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

I sure will. I just booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Ignace, the best part is I used my points so it's a free stay. You and Tymetraveler were a great help last fall for our trip to Paradise and Mackinaw. I hope this trip goes as smooth.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

Hmpf! I called to make reservations for the tour and they are not having it the Saturday that we will be there. I guess it is a husband and wife that do the tours and they will be out of town that weekend. I'm not sure what else to do in St. Ignace, may cancel the room and try to stay somewhere else along the way.

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

I don't know if it is on the Saturday you are talking about, but haveyou tried one of Shepler's Lighthouse Cruises out of Mackinaw City?

Also, St. Ignace and Mackinaw City have special events almost every weekend of the summer.

Thank you for the compliment. Tyme is a great person and has helped me as well.

Edited: 05 July 2013, 22:14
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

Well thank you for the nice compliment, Wench and Light. I love helping people on TA. :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

I was thinking if it is a nice sunny day we could spend it on the beach. I read about Cut River Bridge on US-2, is that far from St. Ignace and would that be a good place for a day at the beach? I still need to come up with a backup plan if it rains.

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

Cut River Bridge is just over 25 miles. US2 goes along some popular beaches along the way.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Something new to do in St. Ignace

I'm glad there are closer beaches on US2, didn't really want to drive to far. I read that there isn't any nice beaches in St. Ignace.

Reply to: Something new to do in St. Ignace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Ignace