We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
538 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

My DH and I will be in St Joe the first weekend in November for a wedding. We are coming down on Friday so looking for a place for dinner Friday night. We are booked at the Boulevard Inn and were thinking about dinner at The Bistro right at the Boulevard Inn. We are in a package and you get a $50 certificate for the Bistro. We could always use that for drinks and and appetizer and then go for dinner elsewhere. Any thoughts on this?

Also, wondering about your thoughts between this hotel and Silver Beach Hotel.

Then we need suggestions for lunch on Saturday before the wedding.

Next, how about things to do or see? Are most stores open on the weekend in November?

Mentioned in this post
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
281 Reviews
Saint Joseph, MI
Silver Beach Hotel
Silver Beach Hotel
529 Reviews
Saint Joseph, MI
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

Silver Beach Pizza is very popular. Almost right below your hotel. They have other things than just pizza..lol. So that would be good for either Friday night or Saturday afternoon. I hear the Bistro is very good, but I have not been myself.

Mentioned in this post
Silver Beach Pizza
Silver Beach Pizza
1,014 Reviews
Saint Joseph, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
991 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

My other favorite places to eat in the downtown area are Schu's and Pump House. Schu's has a nice variety of thing on the menu and usually a good chef special. Nice view of the lake too. I just ate at Pump House and had their wonderful potato soup ( best I have ever eaten!) and BBQ pulled pork. I also agree that Silver Beach pizza can't be beat. Try the Cheryl salad with your pizza.

The shops will be open. Nothing much closes for the season in St Joe. For lunch you could also try Cafe Tosi's. I love their open face Tuna artichoke melt. They have lots of great, different things.

If it is not too windy that day you could walkout on the lighthouse pier, walk along the beach, ride the carousel, walk along the bluff in front of the Boulevard. The Boulevard has a nicer atmosphere and is in a better location on the bluff than Silver Beach Hotel. The advantage of Silver Beach Hotel is that they have an indoor pool.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited: 05 October 2011, 15:27
Mentioned in this post
Silver Beach Hotel
Silver Beach Hotel
529 Reviews
Saint Joseph, MI
Berrien Springs...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

Clementines restuarant on the St Joe river is also a nice place to eat and have drinks.

Mich Rob

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

If you can I'd try to get into Tosi's in Stevenville, just south of St. Joe maybe 4 miles. There may be a wait or you can try to call ahead and be put on a list. Two of my favorites are Malfati and their pepper filet steak. It truely is one of the best restaurants in Michigan and fairly priced.

Edited: 02 November 2011, 03:29
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
538 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions. Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip. I will be sure to check back to this thread if I do head to the area some other time. Thanks!

6. Re: St. Joeseph Restaurant & Things to do or see suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint Joseph
More Saint Joseph Topics