We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter fun in Saugatuck

Which Saugatuck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
5 posts
Save Topic
Winter fun in Saugatuck

My lady and I (late twenties) are visiting Saugatuck for the first time this December from Chicago. We are planning to stay in the downtown area, and would like some recommendations on places to eat (cheap and expensive), drink (wine, whiskey, beer; in no particular order) and be merry. Recommendations on daytime/nighttime activities will be most welcome (whether that be outdoors or indoors; it does not matter). I hear there are a few wineries in the area - info on those would also be great.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter fun in Saugatuck

Closest winery is FennValley and worth the short drive. There are no really expensive restaurants, but I think most will agree that you should try Everyday People in Douglas, just a mile from Saugatuck. For casual dining and cocktails try Phils, The Butler, maybe Wally's and Wicks I think is doing a good job. Wild Dog back over in Douglas is good for cocktails or dinner.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter fun in Saugatuck

well, how was Saugatuck? where did you eat, drink, sleep?

Chicago
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter fun in Saugatuck

Stayed at the Bella Vita which was excellent - nice modern accommodations and a great deal in the winter.

Ate at Perry's which was excellent for the price. The other places where we ate were quick stop ins for food.

Hit the Fenn Valley winery: slow in the winter, but was nice as we basically hung out with the staff there who were all getting off work and enjoying a glass of wine.

Hit a bunch of shops in the area, didn't buy much aside from wine - but we weren't there to shop.

Hit the local bar called Sand Bar right downtown which was full of locals and was fun- ended up being a rather long night.

All in all, a great trip - 4 stars!

4. Re: Winter fun in Saugatuck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck