We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Update

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Update

A group of 8 are traveling are staying in Fennville for the Halloween weekend. We haven't been to the Saugatuck/Douglas area in a few years and are looking for restaurant recommendations. We've been to Everyday People and Wild Dogs in the past and found them to be good. Are they still good? Are there any new restaurants that we should try? We are also thinking of driving up to Holland for the day. Any suggestions there?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,194 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Update

I prefer EDP over Wild Dog but they are both still good. Phil's in Saugatuck is very good. I've heard good things about "Salt of the Earth" located dt Fennville where the Journeyman was. I like The Clearbrook Grill (casual side of the Clearbrook CC restaurant) a mile or so east of Saugatuck. In Holland I like Butch's, Via Maria, and occasionally The Piper. I've scratched Boatwerks off my list. There are many others but those are some of my favorites.

PS if Holland is for lunch you may want to try New Holland Brewing or 8th Street Grill both downtown.

Edited: 21 October 2010, 20:48
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Update

Can I ask why you have crossed Boatwerks off your list? It seems to get good reviews. We've been to the golf course and enjoyed that but are looking for places that we haven't tried before. We may have to try Salt of the Earth & Phil's and look for someplace for lunch in Holland. Thanks for the recommendations.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,194 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Update

I want to like Boatwerks, as it's on the water, nice building, friendly staff and has so much potential. The food however seems totally processed, right off the Sysco truck, uninteresting and bland. I'd go there for sandwich and fries.

4. Re: Restaurant Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
Recent Conversations