We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale Restaurant Recommendation?

Which Saugatuck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Topic
Upscale Restaurant Recommendation?

We'll be in Saugatuck for the first time the first weekend in April. I've been researching local restaurants, but there seem to be a lot of mixed reviews for the "upscale" restaurants. Can anyone recommend a nicer restaurant for a special occasion, where we can dress up a little bit and there might be a good selection of seafood on the menu? Thanks.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,779 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upscale Restaurant Recommendation?

There are several nice restaurants in the Saugatuck/Douglas are. My current favorite is Blue Moon.

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
325 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upscale Restaurant Recommendation?

You can't go wrong with Everyday People Cafe in downtown Douglas. Excellent seafood...try the Shrimp Sambucca appetizer, it's fantastic!

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upscale Restaurant Recommendation?

EPC (Everyday People Cafe) in Douglas is great, but I don't know that you'll see that many people dressed up there! (more so on Saturday night, but one of the reasons it's a favorite with locals is it's totally unpretentious but the food is great). Blue Moon is hip & trendy, I've had mixed experiences with the service, and the food is excellent. It might be a better choice if you're interested in something more sophisticated. Copper Grill & Chaps have both closed.

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Upscale Restaurant Recommendation?

Thank you all for your recommendations! I appreciate it. Everyday People's Cafe, in particular, was great. Very good food and fun. Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck