We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel

chicago
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel

Ship n shore or maplewood? Similar price, traveling with a four year old

Saugatuck Dune Rides
Off-Road & ATV Trails
Mount Baldhead Park
Parks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Butler Street
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel

msmejkal - We meet again! I don't know anything about SnS, but Travelzoo has a fine deal for the Maplewood. Has to be for a Sun-Th though, but good thru Feb. We've already researched and booked. Good luck!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel

Thanks! I was planning on ship but then travelzoo deal ;)

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel

Smart! See you there;-)

chicago
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel

I checked it out for you, its nice, next to the playground and park, many of the rooms are small especially the ones with one queen but the bigger rooms have Jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces, they have a pool that seems to be closed already

We opted for ship because it has water view, pool,hot tub and especially because it has rooms with two queens :)

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel

Thanks! We live with water views, so we'll probably stick with the bargain price, esp for just one night. Very curious about how it went and what you did. Still on the fence about actually going - So many choices up here...

chicago
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel

We climbed the dune, went to beach, fed the ducks, walked around downtown, hung out at the pool and went to the playground. We were there 24 hours, wasn't much else to do

I'm headed to tc this week, any advice or suggestions?

Edited: 16 September 2013, 23:39
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel

have you taken the boat ride in Saugatuck, play? We enjoyed that. You also might consider the Saugatuck Dune Rides, not sure if they are still open though.

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck Dune Rides
Saugatuck Dune Rides
696 Reviews
Saugatuck, MI
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel

Ha! That's pretty much what we do several times a week - if you add great sunsets and lots of good food n wine to go with. Haven't seen you on the TC forum yet, and it's my home base. Ask away over there, or PM me if you want. There are a lot of cool activities here, and so much good day-tripping that we canceled out on our Saugatuck plans. When we need to change scenery and we're driving that distance, we'll just catch the train to Chicago - which is still in our plans. But for your time up here, I'm pretty sure your trip will involve activities w/a 4-yr old? Not sure how much advice I can give there....

9. Re: which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
Recent Conversations