We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother's Day 2014

Which Saugatuck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago il
Level Contributor
78 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Mother's Day 2014

Hello,

I am planning a day trip from Chicago to Saugatuck for mothers day. I am bringing my mom, of course, and my sister who just became a mother. We would like to check out the beach (best spot?), the dunes and the downtown.

Anything else not to miss in the town?

Thanks,

Lina M.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother's Day 2014

The Tulip Festival will be going on in Holland, about 10 miles from Saugatuck. Assuming the tulips are actually blooming it is well worth a drive up to see them--very beautiful!

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
326 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother's Day 2014

Oval Beach is the best spot if you want to drive in and see the beach, Saugatuck Dunes State Park if you are looking to hike and explore. Great restaurants and shopping in downtown Saugatuck. Make sure to grab an ice cream and stroll along the boardwalk.

chicago il
Level Contributor
78 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mother's Day 2014

Thanks for the replies. I am very excited to explore these areas.

Lina M.

4. Re: Mother's Day 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck