We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

Is there anything going on New Years Eve in Saugatuck? Do any bars have parties?

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
334 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

All the bars in downtown Saugatuck have parties on New Year's Eve. Stay downtown and you can walk to all of them, no driving! At midnight, step outside and watch fireworks over Lake Kalamazoo, a Saugatuck tradition. Most restaurants have special menus that night. too.

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

Yep, for better or worse most restaurants have a special (limited) menu and specific seating times. The fireworks are great.

Kalamazoo
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

What kind of crowd is there on NYE? I have somevisitors coming from abroad who initially wanted to go to Chicago, but I wanted to look into some more "local" options.

Kalamazoo
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

What kind of crowd is there on NYE? I have somevisitors coming from abroad who initially wanted to go to Chicago, but I wanted to look into some more "local" options.

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve

I'm not sure how much impact New Years Eve being on a Sunday will have...could be even busier than usual since the Ottawa County (the next county north) doesn't allow beer & wine sales on Sundays.

NYE is typically very festive at the local bars and restaurants. Reservations a must for dinner.

Not sure if this answers your question...?

Saugautck, MI
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve

Typical bar crowd can range from 21-50+. You'll notice a complete shift between the early bar crew and the late night partiers. All bars will stay open until 2am and sometimes a couple will even stay open until 3am. Expect really good live music, fun and excellent food. Remember, Saugautck is small... we're talking about about 6 bars/restaurants and an additional 2-3 restaurants without bar scenes will be open.

The great plus is, as stated above, everything's within walking distance. Definately book a room downtown. Fireworks are a nice addition, but you'll have to make a decision: fireworks or champagne toast @ midnight?? Fireworks are run on the short side.

I almost forgot to mention thatthe lights and Christmas decorations are superb this year. A reason in itself to visit at night!

7. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
Recent Conversations