We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding family lodgin in South Haven/Saugatuck

Mason, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Need help finding family lodgin in South Haven/Saugatuck

I'm making plans for a family vaction to the South Haven/Saugatuck area in July. Two families with a total of 4 adults and 4 kids (ages 7-12). We would like to stay at a nicer place with suites or cottages that rent daily instead of the week, near the beaches, and with a pool. Can anyone help us with some suggestions on where to stay?

Mentioned in this post
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding family lodgin in South Haven/Saugatuck

in South Haven cottages near the beach for the most part rent weekly in july.....i would call /email the visitors bureau & tell them your situation....there used to be a company sunset rentals that did rent by the day in the summer....i think the owner moved though.

Otherwise you can do the hotels by the highway or Lake Bluff which does rent some larger rooms daily although some are a very old and sorta scarey (they rent their hot tub by the hour and charge 25 cents for ice from the machine if that giv es you any clue). Lake bluff IS on a spectacular spot with a great pool with a view of the lighthouse....you have to drive to the beach however.

If you can do a week the Michimonamac cottages are clean and well run right on the beach....or you can save $ by getting a property off the beach.....twin peaks on park are 2 mirror image houses w 2 br that sleep 6 each....small and older but updated and just 1 blk to the beach......i'm not sure who rents em now....ck with the bureau.

Mentioned in this post
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Lake Bluff Inn and Suites
201 Reviews
South Haven, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding family lodgin in South Haven/Saugatuck

flizzer is correct. I will add that Lake Bluff has zero beach, none, zilch, nada, and no way down. Looks like a deck about half way down. I think I'd stay at the Hampton Inn before there..

In addition to Michmonamac, look into Sleepy Hollow. Drove by there yesterday and since the remodel , it looks very nice in there. (they are mostly cottages, nice cottages) They also have an excellent beach. They are about a mile north of the north pier. they also have a nice pool,, I would agree to contacting southhaven.org and saugatuck.org, the visitors bureau for the two communities.

Mentioned in this post
201 Reviews
South Haven, MI
Mason, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help finding family lodgin in South Haven/Saugatuck

Flizzer and Rono, thank you both for the quick replies and helpful info. It's nice to know there people willing to be so helpful!

Flizzer, can you please post the website of the twin peaks on park? I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks!

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding family lodgin in South Haven/Saugatuck

looks like its under some new company castaway rentals....i knew the owners (they sometimes stayed in the other house when they were doing repairs and was sorry to hear they sold.

Heres where i found it.....www.michigan.org/travel/detail.asp?m=6;6&p=B12905

5. Re: Need help finding family lodgin in South Haven/Saugatuck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 07:17