We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix Road traffic island construction

Troy
Level Contributor
208 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Phoenix Road traffic island construction

Is this still going on? My husband and I will probably get to South Haven some time in February and I was wondering if everything is clear yet.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
826 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

i'm heading up for the icebreaker fest so i'll be watching this too!! is a detour involved or something?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

It was finished in late fall, looks nice. The only construction currently is a pedestrian bridge across I 196 on Phoenix. It doesn't appear to effect any traffic other than slow the interstate. Also they have torn the facades off three or four buildings down town. This has exposed the original store fronts and a couple of them are very cool. By summer they'll look nice.

Troy
Level Contributor
208 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

Rono, you mention that they have removed the facades off 3-4 buildings on Phoenix Street downtown....any idea if McDonald Drug is one of them? My husband and agree that it would look much, much better without that modern front. Looking forward to your reply.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
826 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

maybe rono knows the underlying result coming but i can attest that both that building & the former radio shack are plywood cordoned off right now...don't know what they're planning & doin under there but the radio shack is going to be a quiznos....don't know if that will add to the charm the town...*HA*

Troy
Level Contributor
208 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

Not sure the Quiznos will add architecturally, but I hope they take off that McDonald's Drug front and let the original building show. Keep me posted!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

They have taken the plywood down just today. The store fronts look fantastic! Good job. Still a couple more to be finished and I'm not sure they'll be done by summer, but the old McDonald's Drug Store and Radio Shack look great.

Goshen, Indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

adding to Rono's comments - I can attest that the Quizno's looks great. I walked by it just Saturday. They used the old architecture theme so it is in keeping with the rest of the "old town" look.

8. Re: Phoenix Road traffic island construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 14:20