We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with elderly and young kids

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with elderly and young kids

We are leaving for South Haven this Sunday and will be there for 1 week. This is our first vacation to the area, and we are really excited! It looks like next week will not be a warm week, probably not warm enough to spend all day by the beach. I also learned that the Children's Museum at St. Jo will be closed next week. Anyways, I am hoping some of you experts can suggest things we can do and restaurants that are kids friendly. I will be traveling with my in-laws who are in their 70s and my two little kids (Age 1&3). Thanks for all your help!

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with elderly and young kids

you're right...it doesn't look like a good beachy week...although i enjoy the beach in all weather...even in winter it's amazing with snow mixed with the sand! you can still treat your little ones to some sand digging and wave chasing...kites on the shore are always fun....and walking the beach and pier are great in all seasons...

there is an apple orchard north of so haven that you could ck on for picking...i'm not sure when that starts...and theres a winery up there that is fun for the adults! also a great pie restaurant...and saugatuck has boat rides, dune rides, and some interesting shopping...it's a 15 min ride north.

South haven also has an art/cultural center that i've seen with activities for kids...ck the south haven web site at southhaven.org for more ideas...i see the allegan county fair is on when you're there...so haven shopping is also fun with a couple of fun kiddie stores in town and lots for adults to browse...the local theatre group often does shows so ck that web site.

it's a beautiful place to relax and destress!

2. Re: Traveling with elderly and young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 20:15