We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach lover

michigan
Level Contributor
250 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Beach lover

need a room for 2 night under $200.00, Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn? July 2009

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,317 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach lover

From what I've seen here, the Hampton Inn gets more attention and is a tad closer to town and across from Sherman's Icecream.

Walled Lake...
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach lover

Have you considered staying in a caboose?

http://www.southhavenmi.com/Caboose_Inn.html

You are smack dab next to the drawbridge and withing easy walking distance to the Idler and both beaches. What's nice is you also have access to an inground heated pool. Owners are super nice and accommodating.

We stayed here a few years back and the price then was in the $100 / night range - I think it's well worth it to stay on the west side of BlueStar Hwy.

They have a carriage house they also rent on the river for a reasonable price.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach lover

wow i've always wondered about that caboose...it seems so isolated though...it would be neat and the location is sure great!

anyhoo of the 2 you mention i love the hampton inn...much nicer and same distance as the other from beaches & town

has always been under 200 during high season unless thats changed

4. Re: Beach lover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 19:19