We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seawolf transportation

Elmore, OH
Level Contributor
42 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Seawolf transportation

I noticed in the South Haven phone directory that the Seawolf Restaurant offers "complimentary" limousine transportation to their restaurant for parties of 6 or more. Has anyone done this and is this correct? The restaurant has gotten some great reviews and we were thinking of getting a group to go there.

When does Seawolf close for the season?

Thanks for any help.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seawolf transportation

I'll be watching this with interest...i've never had a good experience at this restaurant (in fact I reported them to TA a few years back when a slew of great reviews written on the same day catapulted them to the top of the restaurant list). I'd call em to ck on the free transport...

a really elegant meal can be found at hawkshead at the golf course if that's what you're looking for.

Elmore, OH
Level Contributor
42 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seawolf transportation

Well, that is interesting! I do not know anyone who has gone there, so I wonder if others will respond to this! We have had wonderful meals at Hawkshead, so I agree with you. We just thought the transportation sounded "interesting" and might be fun for a group. But we'd like a good meal too!!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seawolf transportation

Hi guys! I'm not a fan of Seawolf either, but to each their own. They used to have an older Lincoln limo with one of those magnetic signs on the side. It would be parked in the drive next to the restaurant. I haven't seen it for a couple of years now so not sure if they still pick people up.

I've not been to Hawkshead since Kevin left but I've heard a couple of people didn't care for their meals. I hope it's all sorted soon.

Elmore, OH
Level Contributor
42 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seawolf transportation

Well, Rono, now you've bummed me out about Hawkshead! I don't know who "Kevin" is, but it's probably been a year since we took family there to eat, so I assume he left recently. We almost went there this past weekend, but ended up in Douglas instead at the Wild Dog where we had a great meal.

The "limo" sounds tacky to me. Guess we'll scrub that deal. Perhaps when we get to S.H. again we'll go by ourselves to Seawolf and just "test the waters" on their food.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seawolf transportation

Kevin is the owner’s son and was the chef. Now apparently he has started his own restaurant in Glenn. I’m not sure who’s cooking at Hawkshead.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seawolf transportation

oh no...hawkshead has slipped??? so sorry to hear that!!

7. Re: Seawolf transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 05:17