We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day Weekend!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
366 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Labor Day Weekend!

We are heading up this weekend for our annual 2nd trip to South Haven. This one isn't as long as our July trip but we like it just the same :-). We have been watching the forcasts and it looks like perfect MI weather this weekend, sunny and mid 70's. Although this summer has been really wierd and it has been like that in Indy a lot. How is the lake temp? I know in years past the temp has been better in Sept than in July. Can't wait to get there!

Mentioned in this post
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day Weekend!

it should be a great weekend.....TO WALK ON THE BEACH....very very cold in the water...here are some temps of nearby beaches (sorry SH not available )

LAKE MICHIGAN BEACH REPORTS

GRAND HAVEN STATE PARK 47

MUSKEGON STATE PARK 54 F

ORCHARD BEACH STATE PARK 52

sorry, but you will will still have a great time :)

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Grand Haven State Park
Grand Haven State Park
426 Reviews
Grand Haven, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day Weekend!

Socrog, the water plant posted 55 yesterday. We had some very heavy surf late in August, and now we've been getting some east winds, both spell colder lake temps. We've been on the lake twice this week and both times froze. The weather does look excellent, and the biggest surpise is gas prices seem to have fallen the two days to $2.42 as I type this.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labor Day Weekend!

i was up 2 wks ago & it was lovely...very swimable but lake mi is always unreliable *HA* but lovely!!

it should be a fab w/e!!

but i like it rain or shine!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
366 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labor Day Weekend!

Well it was another great trip to SH (too short though). We really didn't go off property except for a walk down to Captain Lou's for lunch and drinks. It was great had my favorite, perch basket cajun style and a few Coronas. We had beautiful weather. Swam a lot in the pool not much time at the beach since the water was so cold, which is ok by me. Looking forward to July next year.

Mentioned in this post
Captain Lou's
Captain Lou's
256 Reviews
South Haven, MI
Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Labor Day Weekend!

THANKS for the report, glad you had a good time.

6. Re: Labor Day Weekend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 05:16