We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches not crowded this weekend !

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
beaches not crowded this weekend !

spent Sat and Sunday in South Haven. WONDERFUL as always. But I did notice that the crowds were down this year at the beaches. it was hot, water was fine, beaches were clean, so i was surprised that the beaches were not nearly as busy as most years. Downtown was busy but not overly so. So if you are thinking of coming to a great beach town with great beaches and shopping, now is the time !

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
981 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches not crowded this weekend !

The E Coli thing must have scared folks off from South Haven and sent them all to St Joseph! Beaches were super busy here over the weekend --especially Siver Beach. Tiscornia and Jean Klocke weren't as busy.

Lake Michigan is warming up nicely this summer and making for a great beach vacation !

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches not crowded this weekend !

I agree that Friday Saturday, while very busy, didn't seem as busy as last weekend. However with the art show and parade Sunday I thought things were as expected and Monday was over the top for a Monday. Judging from town today a lot of visitors are still here. I think Saturdays have become a transition day as most rental have gone to a required week starting on Saturdays.

Couple other things:

The city has started a new shuttle starting at noon on the South Beach going to downtown, on to the North Beach and Packard Park Beach and back to dt and then the South Beach all taking about an hour and will run on the hour. This started July 1st.

Someone said Taco Bob's was closed but it's still open and Joe's opened next door both seem to have a good casual menu with beer and wine.

Phoenix St Cafe has a new chef and menu as well as Hawkshead.

Be prepared for construction at Blue Star and Northshore Dr and that intersection will become a round-about.

3. Re: beaches not crowded this weekend !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 07:17