We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with a 2 year old?

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
EmilyOTR
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay with a 2 year old?

My son is 2.5 and we'd like to stay in South Haven or Saugatuck, but all of the B&Bs seem more adult friendly and not so kid friendly. We'd like to be as close to the beach as possible, and it seems like none of the hotels are walkable to the beach. Any suggestions?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

Victoria Resort (an easy walk to Oak St. beach and Packard Park) is recommended often here, and you could try Old Harbor Inn also. In Saugatuck nothing is walkable to the Oval Beach but the Rosemont (a larger B&B) is nearly across the road from a public beach.

I'm assuming you're staying less than a week but if not some condos may be available also.

EmilyOTR
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

Yes, we would be only staying for a long weekend, maybe 3 nights. Victoria's resort is ok for kids? I wasn't seeing any reviews from people with kids...

Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

I did a serch here on the forum and its not conclusive if children are allowed in the Inn (daily rental) but posters specifically say they are welcome in the weekly cottages and that it's a family oriented resort. Try giving them a call 269-637-6127

EmilyOTR
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

No kids except in the weekly cottages. Sounds like the only places to stay on a weekend with a child is the hampton inn, holiday inn or comfort suites. that's a bummer. I checked out old harbor inn but it gets terrible reviews especially from people with kids due to loud music and drunkenness from the bars around it.

Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

There's also a Ramada but I'd use the Hampton. It just a short drive to the beaches. Consider parking near Monroe Park. It has restrooms and Kids Corner and there are stairs leading to the beach there. You'll also have a good chance of free street parking there.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

go hampton inn and then drive in, pay 5 bucks to park at packard park (they have bathrooms) and enjoy the beach....the picnic tables have the best lunch view in town...and your two yr old can run around to his hearts content...the north shore deli(short walk) has hot dogs...and great made to order sandwiches!!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

anyone here got info on the hotel nichols , in downtown south haven?

in another thread, somebody from chicago was also inquiring about kid friendly places in downtown s haven.... i'm curious too, as i happened to notice it a few weeks ago when we were there.....

chicago
Level Contributor
8,209 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

Emily I was just planning on staying in south haven with my daughter but it was suggested to switch to st joes, silver beach hotel is kid friendly and walking distance to the beach and restaurants and there is a carousel, fountain and childrrns museum

9. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 11:17