We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
143 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

I find it just a little unsettling that this property has no reviews and is still available for the week we'd like. Last time we came to South Haven we stayed on the other side in a condo. We are coming this time with extended family so we need more space. Any info you can provide about the immediate neighborhood, ease of access to the beach, how long 7 blocks feels to dinner, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Please respond ASAP. Thanks!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

Who did the decorating? :-0 Not a bad neighborhood, actually good. The area deteriorates quickly to the east of the property though, but there are a couple of blocks of buffer and its only a block from Lake Michigan.

With that said you need to walk a block north to Kids Corner and then west a block to a public beach that we call "The Blue Stairs". Its the very south end of the South Beach so its a quarter mile from the stairs to the beach facilities or back up the stairs to the restrooms at the east end of Kids Corner.

I'm not sure which way they're walking to town but I'd put it at 10 maybe 11 blocks to town, do able but a hike.

You will get some nice sunsets from the bluff at the Blue Stairs, and a great view of the South Pier. Not from the house of course. Let us know if you need more.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
143 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

My other option is in the 800 block of Edgell. Better or worse location?

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

Rono is spot on as usual. :-) The hike to "downtown" for dinner, etc will a long hike if you have small children.

I would pass/worse on Edgell. Way too far away from beach and still a hike to downtown.

Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

I would say Edgell is a worse location. I don't see an 800 block of Edgell. Edgell crosses the 800 block of Indiana, Kalamazoo or Center streets though. Regardless, the St. Joseph house is much closer to the beach and only a block farther from town.

PS I agree with Cold. we posted at the same time.

Edited: 16 April 2013, 14:37
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

been in that area....Rono is spot on as usual...7 blks with little kids is LONG...unless you bring a wagon....then it's doable....and you CAN always drive to the beach....pay your 5 bucks and leave your car there all day....very walkable from there!! I like Packard Park for that!!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
143 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

Correction I meant the 500 block of Edgell but I think your recos will remain the same, correct?

Edited: 19 April 2013, 01:45
Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

Yes.

8. Re: Anybody have additional info on VRBO property 441672?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:18