We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

We are looking at rentals either near the Marina and North Beach Public Park or down by the Stanley Johnston Park (near Clinton Street). Are both areas walkable to downtown? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

Hmmmm, "near the Marina and North beach Public Park" I'm going to assume that you mean it's near the North Beach and the Municipal Marina. In that case, yes, it is very walkable. The "public park" bit is throwing me off a little as there isn't a park on the beach and there are several Public Lake Access spots for the North Beach.

The second part of your inquiry "down by Stanley Johnston Park (near Clinton Street)" is in two totally different areas. Stanley Johnston Park is on the "north side" which would be near the Marina and North Beach. Clinton Street is on the "south" side and would be quite a bit more of a hike to town.

Hope this helps some. I'm sure Rono or Flizzr or SocRog will chime in too. :-)

Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

Thank you, ColdInMichigan--I wondered it I would botch the question simply by trying to plot the locations on a Google Map. One of our choices (that is available) is one of the "South Beach-Marina View Condos" and the other two said they were across from the Stanley Johnston park (which could be so large that being 'across' from it could mean many things). One option looked like it was near the corner of Clinton and Kalamazoo. Thanks again.

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

You're welcome.

The Clinton/Kalamazoo would be a bit more of a hike through residential areas to get to town.

Do you have an address for the "South Beach-Marina View Condos?" I'm trying to figure out where there are condos that would have a view of the South Beach AND the marina......

There are a couple of different condo complexes across the street from Stanley Johnston Park. :-)

CIM

Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

ColdInMichigan, here is the listing on VRBO for the Marina condo. http://www.vrbo.com/28299. Thanks so much. It is hard to know about an area when you have not been there before.

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

BoCo,

The link didn't work, but I found the listing. :-)

The reviews are correct. This is downtown, so you can walk to everything, shopping, restaurants, bars, South Beach and pier.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, just ask.

CIM

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

ditto cold in michigan.....both sound very walkable....the south side one closer to downtown....I'm not sure about that condo either.....sand castle inn has condos across from stanley johnson....and there are a couple small condo places....

can't go wrong either way....close to the beach, close to the town.....a little different perspectives.....you didn't mention if kids are involved....if they are I'd probably go with the south side ones....adults, north...but that's just me....

7. Re: Question about Different Areas of South Haven for Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17