We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four and Six Year Old Want to Perch Fish

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
616 reviews
Save Topic
Four and Six Year Old Want to Perch Fish

Two boys, four and six, coming to South Haven the second week of June and staying in the south beach . Where can we take them perch fishing where they might actually catch a few fish? One of them does not like going out in a boat that shakes! ( We know they can catch fried perch at Clementines, but are looking for fresh suschi grade.

Thanks!

ZB

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four and Six Year Old Want to Perch Fish

You could actually fish right off the South pier. Perch fishing during that time is hit and miss and even with a boat you have to be able to do some 'traveling' to find some.

That being said, they still do catch them off the pier. You'll also probably hook up with some gobi's (not good to eat), possible rock bass and whatever finned creature happens to pass by.

Pyle's Porthole has a fishing update on their website. http://www.pylesporthole.com/

Remember, they call it fishing, not catching. :-) have a great visit.

CIM

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four and Six Year Old Want to Perch Fish

if they don't like a boat that shakes good luck on lake mi unless it's one of those glassy days....ditto above....last weekend I saw lots of folks fishing off the piers....and catching fish.....i wouldn't know one fish from another....also it was the "steelhead" tournament (whatever that is *HA*) and the boats were going by the pier showing off their catches....BIG fish!! There is a perch fishing boat that rents out of the complex by old harbor....pretty pricey though....

I'm cheap & I'd get the gear and let them try their luck at the pier....

3. Re: Four and Six Year Old Want to Perch Fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17