We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pizza

We will be visiting South Haven in a couple of weeks and have taken lots of great suggestions off this board - thank you! Had a quick question - any recommendations for a local pizza place? Makes for an easy dinner after a great beach day :)

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pizza

If you like very thin crust pizza give Venezia's a try. It gets very mixed reviews because people aren't used to a crispy crust and because the service can be hit-or-miss. We love the crisp crust so we go there every time we're in South Haven. It doesn't fare well for carry out--soggy thin crust is nasty--and the place isn't fancy to eat at, but it is exactly what you said--an easy dinner after a great beach day.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pizza

In addition for take out I've heard very good things about Willy O's. It's on M-140/LaGrange out by Village Market.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,773 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pizza

if you don't mind driving 20 minutes south, go to silver beach pizza in st joe...

Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pizza

Thanks for the suggestions ... We are partial to the thin crust, kids like the thicker .... We'll have to have a thumb war or something to decide :)

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pizza

I concur with StrangeTripper--if you're headed south from South Haven for any reason Silver Beach Pizza in St. Joseph is outstanding. It's right next to a lovely beach as well.

South Haven...
Level Contributor
224 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pizza

I'm curious no one mentions the Vinyard, very good loaded pizza. We love Subs & more. Great prices & all the options. Willi'os has gluten free options. My glut free friends say it is very good.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pizza

I 2nd and 3rd (LOL) Silver Beach Pizza-a great pizza, in a fun place, with some historical significance. Near the beach, park, sunset, and swings on the bluff. :)

I have not had pizza from the Vinyard, MichiganCallie. But we have dined there and the food was only average, but the service was downright horrendous, from the waitstaff to the hostess to the managers. I couldn't repeat another visit there if they paid me. JMHO, of course. I assume you have had good luck there?

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pizza

Vineyard was a fav of my kids when younger but WOW its dank & dark and they serve some really weird stuff...like their garlic bread....

We like Venezia....NOTHING to look at but it IS a good crispy crust...we've carried out and done aok...

Marias is a bit more pricey but very good...

Willy Os is on my list to try next!!

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pizza

This may be too late, but we had pizza from Subs n more last night and it was delicious! Right on Phoenix St. downtown.

hope you enjoy/ed your visit to SoHa

Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pizza

Thanks for the reply, we leave on Saturday, so not too late!