We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's that street project going?

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
How's that street project going?

Thinking about a pre holiday visit...how big a mess is it?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's that street project going?

It was going very well till the weather turned bitter cold. Think of it in three sections: From Broadway to the welcome circle, from the circle to Center Street, and from Center to Kalamazoo ST.

They started with the section from Broadway to the Circle and seemed to finish it quickly as its now open to traffic and parking. I'm not sure what they're doing in front of City Hall as the lawn is still unfinished. Also the old building on the south west corner of Phoenix and Broadway has been razed and is nearly completed but some clean up is still required.

They seemed to take on from the circle to Kalamazoo St. all at once. They seemed to leave a narrow sidewalk next to the stores so its still easy to walk to things. They have made the road to the south beach one way and are allowing parking on the north side of that street at present to off set some of the parking spaces lost on Phoenix.

I don't think you'll find it too inconvenient but you may need to walk a bit farther.

Over all I think it's progressing well and will be welcome next summer.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's that street project going?

Thanks Rono!

3. Re: How's that street project going?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:18