We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodridge
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

Taking young children to this beach for a few days...is it rocky near the shore, in the water, or are they ok without beach shoes?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

South Beach South Haven is all sand.

United States
Level Contributor
3,033 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

There could broken glass unless they have figured out a way to clean it up. I have a scar on my foot from the 1960s to prove it.

South Haven...
Level Contributor
224 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

City keeps our beaches very clean compared to most. Sand can be hot so we usually wear sandles anyways. In the water the bottom is all sand. Depending on storms & wind some debris is possible. Swim shoes are not a bad idea for little ones.

4. Re: South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:35
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

Not rocky, beaches quite clean, need shoes for the bathroom. Flip flops work.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

The city has a beach cleaning machine. It's an odd looking apparatus that lifts several inches of the top layer of sand, sifts it clean of debris and returns the sand. Glass hasn't been permitted on the beach since as long as I can remember and you would be extremely unlucky to step on any on the city owned beaches.

I have heard complaints occasionally that the beaches weren't cleaned quick enough after excessively busy weekends. I'm sorry to say some people are pigs.

7. Re: South Beach, South Haven - beaches rocky? need shoes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16