We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan fam vacation-PLEASE!!

Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me plan fam vacation-PLEASE!!

HI there. My husband and I used to go to Traverse City as kids. Now we have a 1 year old and 3 year old and want to make the trip with them. Have been looking at the Sugar Beach hotel. I think I used to stay at North Shore Inn as a child.

I want to book a room but hate only looking at websites. We want a suite/condo with at least two bedrooms, or two bedrooms plus living room. We also want a NICE beach for building sand castles, etc. Cost is not an issue. Please make any recommendations you can for me! Thank you so much!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan fam vacation-PLEASE!!

Have you tried the waterfront units at the Grand Traverse Resort? We stayed there a couple of years ago and had a great time. A nice beach, pool at the beach with a nice grill/restaurant. The rest of the resort is also nice. It's close to Traverse City but not within walking distance. Just a suggestion! Moms

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan fam vacation-PLEASE!!

That Park Shore Resort, (#15 in the Traverse City hotel list) is pretty neat. It's right on the beach, with some of the rooms opening up to the beach. Might be the ideal spot if they have suites, I am not sure. No doubt you will get some good info, there are sooo many places. good luck.

Grand Rapids
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me plan fam vacation-PLEASE!!

Check out the Pinestead Reef Resort. It is a timeshare place but you can rent units by the night also. They have 1 or 2 bedrooms and are on the water right in town. Also, a great price and indoor pool for those rainy days. Sugar Beach is nice and also their sister property, Grand Beach. We have also stayed at the Cherry Tree and that was great, you will not be dissappointed with any of the ones mentioned in this post so far.

Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me plan fam vacation-PLEASE!!

Have you looked at the Tamarack Lodge? It's new. We are going to stay there for the first time in May. It looks lovely from the website.

5. Re: Help me plan fam vacation-PLEASE!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City
Recent Conversations