We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TC Night life

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
TC Night life

Our family vacation to Duck Lake is rapidly approaching and I've been scouring the web for things to do in the area. What I've found is there is SO much to do/see that we'll simply need to permanently relocate if we want to experience it all. Aaahhh, my dream! Anyways, my young adult children and their mates will be looking for a little night action and this is something I haven't come across in my search. Are there any night clubs, bars, lounges that cater to the 30 and under crowd?

Traverse City MI
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: TC Night life

For timely TC night life, pick up a copy of The Northern Express (free)... it's usually everywhere.. and they'll have listings of current events/bands/music; etc. Otherwise, it's downtown.. and hitting the bars - U&I, Union Steet, Dillingers, Bootleggers... or Streeters on Garfield. They're all close to each other. Union Street, Streeters, Holiday Inn usually have entertainment. One of my new favorites is "The inside out gallery" which often has a scheduled act and you can bring in a beverage from The Right Brain Brewery just a few doors down. Just pick up the Northern Express and you'll get the current information.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TC Night life

I would defintily have your adult children check out the downtown bars. Add Kilkennys (spelling) to your list, it is downstairs in the North Peak Brew Pub.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TC Night life

Thanks to you both, the information is much appreciated.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TC Night life

Couple more idea's...... Loading Dock has weekend bands and maybe weekday bands in the summer months.... That is also located downtown... it is on Cass St sorta behind the Park Place Hotel.... speaking of there is a fun piano bar at the top of the Park Place Hotel..... There is the Blue Tractor which is fun to hang out at and offers good food. Also Brady's if you want good pizza and greasy food and a game of pool.

Typically the only places downtown that have a cover charge would be loading dock, holiday inn (shimmers dance club) Union Station and sometimes Killkenneys (depends on if they have a bad).

I myself am in my early 30's and personally I would not go to Streeters unless I HAD to..... it is really for the younger crowd... 18-24ish. I am sure some 30 yr olds hang out there but the bar scene is for sure down town.

Good luck and welcome!!!!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TC Night life

Also.... The northern express is avaiable on line at http://www.northernexpress.com/

And just so you know..... The inside out gallery is a lot of fun but they do not serve drinks/cocktails or anything is alchohol in it..... You CAN though bring our own......

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TC Night life

Great info. Thanks so much. And thanks for the link too. Very helpful.

7. Re: TC Night life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City