We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in Traverse City

Orland Park
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hotel in Traverse City

I am looking at hotels in Traverse City for a weekend in July. I am considering the Northshore Inn. Is this a good hotel and good location? Are there any other reasonably priced places you would reccommend? Thanks!

Traverse City MI
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in Traverse City

The Northshore Inn is well located... along the beach strip with a ton of other properties. I don't know what constitutes "reasonable price" during the summer... but know that Cherry Festival starts right after/on July 4th and "reasonable" is probably out the window. Look at the Grand Beach, Sugar Beach and the rates of some off the water like the Hampton and Americinn (if you want a lower rate). For walking distance to downtown, try the Parkshore, Park Place... and for south of town (by the mall) there's the Fairfield, Courtyard and Baymont. Be sure to look at the visitor bureau website (visittraversecity.com). It's all about what you're after ~ water, beachfront, walking, downtown. There's plenty of options, but it's the height of the season. Enjoy.

michigan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in Traverse City

We are staying in Traverse City for the first time next week and are staying at the Hampton Inn. My husband wants to go to the Cherry festival and I was wondering how far is the Hampton Inn from downtown? Is it within walking distance? What else is around the hotel?

Traverse City MI
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in Traverse City

The TART trail (paved bike/walking path) runs behind the Hampton... but unless you're up for a couple mile walk, I'd suggest bringing a bike and using it for all your Cherry Festival activities... The traffic can be, and often is, irritating... we bike everywhere during the festival. Or, learn to use 8th Street when coming into town and park well into the neighborhoods around Union Street. The Hampton is located near other lodging properties, with the bay across the road.

4. Re: hotel in Traverse City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:20
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City