We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak to rent for use at our rental home for the week?

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
Kayak to rent for use at our rental home for the week?

We are renting a house in suttons bay next week. It is right on Lake Michigan and would love to have the use of a kayak at our home for several days up to a week. Does anyone know a rental place? I found one but it was so expensive that I could just buy one, but then what would I do with it after. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak to rent for use at our rental home for the week?

theriverglenarbor.com/kayak-and-tube-rental has single kayaks for $150 per week and they'll deliver them right to you which seems like a decent price. A double kayak is $200 for the week. We haven't used them, but I came across their site on a google search of tubing in Michigan.

If you're looking for a different experience on the lake, try renting one of those stand up paddle boards for an hour. They're pretty new in MI (we've been seeing them in Hawaii for years), but several places rent them. We tried one briefly--very stable if the lake is calm, but it made me realize I need more arm strength! It is a cool feeling to stand and paddle.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak to rent for use at our rental home for the week?

I know what you mean about buying one. When we go to Florida next winter I may just buy one, which you can get for under 200.00 from Dunham's for instance and then sell it on Craig's List. Or maybe put an ad on Craig's List for the Sutton's Bay area. Maybe someone near there has one that they would rent to you for pretty cheap.

Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak to rent for use at our rental home for the week?

wouldn't that be great if someone who lived out there would just rent me theirs cheaply for the week

4. Re: Kayak to rent for use at our rental home for the week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 02:17