We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need good hotel suggestion for October

, Michigan...
1 post
Save Topic
Need good hotel suggestion for October

My husband & I & another couple are coming to TC in early OCtober to do some wine tasting. We need suggestions/recommendations on a nice place to stay. Do not need the Ritz, but do not want a Super8 either. Doesnt need to be on the beach.

Also the men want to golf once - is "The Bear" the 'place' to go or are there other recommended courses?

THANK YOU in advance of any help!

Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need good hotel suggestion for October

I like the Cherry Tree Inn. It is on the east bay, not far from the GT Resort (location of The Bear). You could also stay at the resort; I'm sure they have golf/room packages.

Mentioned in this post
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
3,604 Reviews
Traverse City, MI
Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need good hotel suggestion for October

Many good golf courses in the area, inclduing Arcadia Bluffs. It is about 1 hr drive, but is rated the #1 public course in MI / #10 in the USA.

http://arcadiabluffs.com/

The "Pure Mich" web site has lots of information too.

michigan.org/Things-to-Do/Golf/Default.aspx

http://www.michigan.org/

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
46 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need good hotel suggestion for October

We just took friends visiting us from California to Traverse City. It's our 2nd trip this summer. We have stayed twice at the Cambria Suites Hotel. It's a perfect set up for 2 couples traveling together. The "King Suite" is a king-sized bedroom with closing door. The rest of the suite has the bathroom, mini-bar area, tv area with a 3/4 wall screening off the other king-sized bed. It was private enough for us. Both room areas have their own closet. If you prefer 2 rooms...they'll arrange adjoining rooms too. I would suggest that you ask for rooms at the opposite end of the street entrance. Street noise was noticed but not annoying...

The hotel is nicely appointed and feels new. Service was outstanding by all that we interacted with. Hope you enjoy your stay to TVC

Mentioned in this post
Cambria Hotel Traverse City
Cambria Hotel Traverse...
722 Reviews
Traverse City, MI
4. Re: Need good hotel suggestion for October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 16:23