We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Party in Traverse City

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, MI, USA
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bachelorette Party in Traverse City

Hi, I'm planning on throwing my sister a bachelorette party at the end of next month in Traverse City. Does anyone have any advice on wine tasting tours? Have not been able to find much information on the internet. Also, I've found online that Leelanau Cellars offers free wine sampling. Does anyone know of any other wineries that offer the free tasting so we could make our own tour? We are looking for Traverse City, but would also consider other locations less than 3 hours away from the Bay City/ Saginaw area. Frankenmuth, Tawas, etc.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette Party in Traverse City

If you want help, I guess I'll ask that you be more specific in what you're looking for. There is a lot of info about wine tours on the web...there are at least 2 posts with plenty of answers right on this page regarding wine tours on both Old Mission and Leelanau...there are older posts regarding fees for wine tastings, and those that have (or sometimes have) freebies...Thre are lists, maps, and phone numbers of every winery up here if you want to phone for specific info. So maybe you could take another try at asking exactly how we can best help you? The wine tours are wonderful...the wineries are easy to reach (esp those on Old Mission)...it would make for a great party, I'm sure....and there are plenty of solutionsto the DDriver issue. Good luck with the plans...

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette Party in Traverse City

I would personally start out by choosing to do either Leelanau (lpwines.com) or Old Mission (wineriesofoldmission.com). Having a DD is imperative (it is always nice when one in the group is PG) as it doesn't take much during a day of touring to become tipsy. If you don't have a DD, there are several great companies with whom you can organize a charter. We've used Celtic previously (www.celticshuttles.com). They can take you on a route they suggest, or you can great your own.

There are a good mix of free and paid tastings. Some paid tastings come with a bit of food, which is nice. Others come with a keepsake wine glass. Some have beautiful tasting rooms with personal service, others make you feel like cattle.

Have fun and be safe.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette Party in Traverse City

Hello! A wine tour Bachelorette Party would be so fun! I agree with upnorth98 that it is very important to have a DD, so one great solution is a chauffeured wine tour. One of my coworkers sells tickets to chauffeured wine tours http://mynorthtickets.com/websales/pages/TicketSearchCriteria.aspx?evtinfo=56871~b59bf48b-6f24-4876-91a0-32889d17495b&ven=d15d70a7-aaa6-4e11-a4d6-faa3c2cfe946& and they definitely look very fun. On that same tickets website, there are other wine tours in the area, including Leelanau Peninsula and Old Mission Peninsula. I really enjoyed the wine tour I went on which was on Old Mission Peninsula. Best of luck and enjoy the party!

Edited: 06 August 2013, 17:01
4. Re: Bachelorette Party in Traverse City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:16