We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Traverse Resort

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Traverse Resort

Have read pros & cons of the hotel property on other forums. We are 2 couples, last minute trip, thinking of staying here in 2-bed/2-bath condo. Most smaller properties & B&Bs already booked for early Oct. Anyone on TA ever stayed in the condos? We def. don't want high rise room in the Tower. Thanks!

Front Street
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mission Point Lighthouse
Lighthouses, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Traverse Resort

Sorry, since we live here, never have stayed there. I'm seeing a lot of availability for the first weekend in October at other properties though, ones that will put you much closer to TC, if that's when and where you're looking to stay....

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Traverse Resort

We had a bad experience a few years ago at

one of their condos. It smelled stale and mildewy, was furnished circa 1990, and very sparse. We kindly asked for more appropriate accommodations, and after much discussion, were moved. Have you tried AirBnB or VRBO? We've recently had great luck in TC on those sites.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Traverse Resort

If you're still looking, I'd check the most recent reviews rather than an experience from a few years ago. But my guess is that you've already made a decision - Hopefully!

4. Re: Grand Traverse Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City
Recent Conversations