We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Cabins

Grand Haven...
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Cabins

When we travel for short-term jaunts we always prefer to stay in cabin style accomodations. Looking at heading up to Traverse City for some color touring the week of 21 to 25. We used to stay in cabins West of town, run by a little old lay from England, but she died and the folks that took over raised the cost about 300%. Don't plan on being there except to sleep, as we'll be out shooting pics and touring all day so I just want a comfy bed for about 6 hours.for a couple nights.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 06:05
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Cabins

I can't offer any help on the cabins. If you're looking for much sunshine to help with those colors though, I'd check the forecast. Looking pretty gray & wet for that stretch at the moment....

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Cabins

But here's a link for possibilities. I see there are rates as low as $80/nt...

www.traversecity.com/cabins--cottages-192/

Grand Haven...
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Cabins

Aww, this is Michigan and the weather changes every 15 minutes. I certainly don't put any stock into forcasts 10 days out....about 48 hours ahead is about as far ahead as they can guess<g>.

Actually, some of the best Autumn shots I have were taken in lousy weather, including cold rain and 3 inches of snow. Overcast conditions are pefect for bringing out rich colors.

Thanks for the feedback. Paying too much for a bed is the real concern here though......

Grand Haven...
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Cabins

Thanks for this link. I actually did a search, but this page didn't pop up for some reason. Appreciate it!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Cabins

Good thing you're happy with "bad weather" pix. Sorry you couldn't get the link to work. I found mine thru a search, so you could of course do the same. Maybe you already have....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable Cabins

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sleeping Bear Resort last Memorial Day. Little cabins with kitchens on a beautiful lake. It was really fun.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 18:00
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable Cabins

Timber Ridge Campground has cabins, some fully equipped. On the east side of town.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable Cabins

I know you said cabins, but $$ seems important to you too. We just passed Boarder's last night and their sign says "Rooms from $50." The most recent reviews here on TA are decent enough...

Bourbon, IN
Level Contributor
431 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affordable Cabins

There are quite a few on Arbutus Lake for $80 a night. They're not fancy, but they're clean. Check out Pineview Resort. It's definitely not a 'Resort' but it's nice, clean, and convenient.

Grand Haven...
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable Cabins

Hmmm, for some reason I never got any notifications of posts here after the 15th. There's some good suggestions I couldn've used. I'm sure I checked the get notified box cuz I got the first couple, not sure why I didn't get the rest. I dislike people who don't answer after you make a suggestion so I'm going to respond to all your help, albeit a bit late.