We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Hills Are Open!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Hills Are Open!

With several weather/snow-related threads going, I thought I'd post this as a new topic. Looks like almost all of the resorts are good to go, with big "official" Thanksgiving weekend openings planned. Enjoy!

Front Street
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mission Point Lighthouse
Lighthouses, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

Yeah, for business, the economy, and skiers/snow lovers abound!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

First November opening since 2007, according to the Crystal Mt. spokesperson. Looks like it's going to be a long season...

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

Nice! Skiers will have a great weekend.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,685 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

Been making snow at Mt. Brighton all week.

5. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 00:05
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

I don't know what that last post was about - already deleted by the time I got here - but just to put things back on a positive slope...looks like everybody's ready to open full-time this weekend.

7. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:05
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

Yes, we get it, Ch1019. Good that you so like Schuss. One of many good ski resorts in the area, and Short's is one of many good breweries. Nice that we have so many options up here, no? And all of them now open for business.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,870 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

>> I've spent time already at Schuss Mountain at Shanty Creek Resorts and the snow has been amazing. [...] Love it there. One of my favorite places.

No surprise there since I assume you're Chris Hale, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Shanty Creek Resorts, right?

…meetingsmags.com/article/meet-chris-hale-vi…

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ski Hills Are Open!

Thanks very much for that info, DT Fan! Now we know the rest of the story....

Get answers to your questions about Traverse City